Self-employment as a service provider can give you the opportunity to work on your own terms, in your preferred location and to enjoy a lifestyle that is healthier, more relaxed and satisfying.
This practical book takes you through the steps to:
* Realise your vision of successful self-employment in a viable consultancy, freelancing or contracting business.
* Position yourself in the market place so that you will be recognised as a consultant, contractor or freelancer.
* Discover the various marketing approaches you can use and which best suit your own style.
* Develop a business plan which is realistic and effective, based on successful real examples.
* Learn how to price your work, know what others are charging and how to negotiate with clients so that the focus is more on your work than on your fee.
* Decide which of the various business structures-sole trader, partnership or incorporation-is best for you.
* Be aware of the pitfalls of solo practice so you can avoid them.