Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), which provide some of thebest total returns in the investment world, along withabove-average dividend yields and stable earnings, have becomeincreasingly popular with both individual and institutionalinvestors. Investing in REITs, Fourth Edition hasestablished itself as the definitive guide to understanding thisattractive asset class. The book is invaluable for investors,financial planners, and investment advisers interested inunderstanding REITs and REIT investment opportunities.
As their earnings and dividends are beginning to grow againafter the Great Recession—and as they are in a uniqueposition to take advantage of distressed saleopportunities—now is an excellent time for investors toconsider REITs for both diversification and strong total returns.The new edition covers:
- A comprehensive history of the REIT industry
- How REITs compare with other competitive investments
- How to spot blue-chip REITs and control investment risk
- How to value individual REIT stocks, and REIT sharesgenerally
- How to build a diversified REIT portfolio, directly or withREIT mutual funds
- Understanding the risk-and-reward dynamics of commercial realestate
- Assessing non-US REITs and how to invest in them
- Important new developments and strategies in the REITindustry
Author Ralph L. Block, who has been investing in REIT stocks for40 years and is widely considered a leading authority on REITs,brings the historical success of Investing in REITs right upto date. This book is an essential read for both individuals andinstitutions who desire to invest in commercial real estate throughREIT stocks.