Jam, Jelly and Pickle Making Business Startup
How to Grow a Million Dollar Success from Home!
In 2008 after my husband lost his auto manufacturing job, we found ourselves in a dire situation, as we were in the middle of planning our youngest daughter’s wedding and all. But with the help of a friend, I made my passion for making homemade Jam, Jelly, and Pickle business into reality. We grew the business from local Detroit market to state and then regional and eventually to national level. We passed the million dollar sales mark in 2015. Since then we were contacted by a few name brand companies with purchase offers. But that is not relevant to this book.
I wrote this book to share my knowledge and experience with people everywhere that share the same passion as I do. And to show how they can get started in this business journey right from home and make it a million dollar success eventually, but one word of caution, it will not happen overnight. It will take some hard work and plenty of focus and dedications.
For you to see great success, you need to start by doing these followings:
- Start from home
- Create a brand around your product
- Have a niche that makes you stand out from rest of the crowd
- Find out what flavors sell the most
- Create a line with no more than 5-7 SKU
- Market the product by taste test and word of mouth in local shops and markets.
Well it sounds simple enough I am sure especially as I write this, but for me, the learning curve was a very steep one at first. But my goal is to make sure you don’t have the same steep learning curves as I faced.
This book is broken down into Four parts, and I show you:
Part-1 Jam, Jelly Pickle Making Process
- What equipment you will need
- How the Canning process work
- Various types of canning methods
- How to sterilize and seal Jars
- How to reprocess and store jars
- What ingredients you will need
- Actual Jam, Jelly, and Pickle making process
- Fruit Picking Chart
- Fruit Storage Chart
- Fruit pH Chart
- Fruit Yield Chart
- Pasteurization process
Part-2 The Business
- 9 Steps to Making your passion into a Business
- Various Legal Business Entities
- How & Where to Sell your Product line
- How to Price your products
- How to Market and Promote your Business
- How to package your products
- Wholesale marketing
Part-3 Legal & Safety Requirements
- FDA requirements
- State and local Laws
- Licensing and Insurance
- How to meet the Legal requirements
- Food safety training
- Approved recipes and Procedures
- What is Cottage Food Laws
- Food Labeling requirements
- Food and workplace safety
- How to make your own Pectin
- 15 other delicious Jam, Jelly and Pickling Recipes
In this book I also shared some images, so you get a visual idea of various equipment we use, I also shared a few YouTube videos of various processes, so it is easier for you to understand the individual process.
Okay, let’s get started, Good Luck and Enjoy!