Free video training for business owners – get the step-by-step system I have used with dozens of clients to raise hundreds of millions of dollars for their businesses from lenders and investors-> thesmartbusinessplanacademy.com (just copy and paste into your browser).
This Business Plan Blueprint highlights relevant information about your business and presents it in a targeted way that will make your business irresistible to funders.
Raising money is a necessity for many businesses if they want to grow. But in order to invest in your business, funders want to see your business plan. The problem is unless you’ve had lots of experience of writing business plans for real businesses that are looking for funding, you are not going to know what to include and how to present your business in the best light to succeed with the fundraising process. Many businesses don’t even get a first meeting.
I have worked as a senior business advisor for hundreds of businesses over 12 years. These businesses were of different sizes and operated in a range of sectors. However, having refined my skills for what lenders and investors want to see in a business plan, I guided these businesses to raise millions in funding. It helps that I’ve worked as a business investor myself where I’ve been deciding which business plans and teams to invest in!
Being Invited To Pitch Off The Back Of Your Business Plan
A business plan is often the first introduction to funders about your business. First impressions make a huge difference. A powerful business plan informs funders about:
– How credible you are as a business owner and if funders want to work with you;
– Whether or not you show the right signs of being able to succeed with your business;
– How much understanding you have about what a funder wants from a business plan;
– The opportunity that exists in your business and if it is worth their while;
– The risks that exist in your business and if your business is too risky to invest it.
These are key funder questions and they will be looking to the business plan for answers. Created properly, your business plan should be able to answer these questions to ensure lenders and investors are onside and want to know more so they can be a part of your business. Get this right and you’ll be invited to pitch meetings.
It’s all about building up your business plan in a logical and rational way. Being aware of what funders want to see is critical to success. They don’t have time to waste on plans that can’t answer the pertinent questions quickly. You only get one chance so you need to make the most of it.
This is exactly the process I have used with businesses to successfully raise funds for them. And it can work for you too.
By adopting my process you are making it easier for lenders and investors to make a decision; the decision to fund your business.
Download the ebook to find out how. As well as the ebook edition, you’ll also get:
– access to my course “The Smart Business Plan Academy” for free;
– a PDF edition of the book (in case your ereader doesn’t handle screenshots well)
– access to Blab interviews, and webinars that explain building powerful business plans in more detail.
Here’s to your success!