- Are you tired of feeling sad, stuck, anxious, and overwhelmed?
- Are you fed up because nothing changes no matter how many podcasts you listen to or how many years you’re in therapy?
- Shouldn’t you feel better already with all this inner work you’re doing?
You long to feel peace and joy in your life–but you just can’t seem to find your way out of the pain. You just know there’s something more. And there is. There is a solution, but you won’t find it by reading another self-help book.
In The End of Self Help, psychologist Gail Brenner, Ph.D. reveals the possibility of discovering your natural sense of ease and well-being available in any moment–once you realize this revolutionary truth: that who you are is not defined by your distorted thoughts and painful feelings. Gail has been there–and she found her way out of suffering.
With an infectious spirit, she describes how personal suffering is a case of mistaken identity. She walks with you as you expand your attention beyond your well-worn troubles to the very source of happiness and peace: presence itself. Guided audio meditations, included with each chapter, help light the way.
In the award-winning The End of Self-Help, you will learn practical skills to:
- Be aware of your troublesome thoughts and feelings so you can make conscious choices that support your well-being.
- Make choices in your life that keep you present and connected inside.
- Taste the possibility of feeling good about yourself and the way you show up in your life–with your family, friendships, and work.
- Notice the simple pleasures in life instead of feeling trapped in old patterns that don’t bring you peace.
- Feel whole, spacious, and deeply okay–rather than being hard on yourself;
- Feel better about your past;
- Know what to do with your busy mind filled with worries and negative thoughts;
- Make life-affirming choices in your everyday life;Feel fully alive and aware, present to the moments of this precious life.
Scroll to the top of the page and click “look inside” to learn more or the “buy” button, and the book is yours. Take one step closer to knowing the peace you long for.
- 2015 USA Best Book Awards; winner Self-Help: General
- 2015 Living Now Book Awards; tied for silver; Personal Growth/Motivation category