Silver Axiom Business Book Award Winner in Entrepreneurship
Do you feel the pull to start your own business?
Tired of working for others and dealing with office politics, eager for control and more money, Ed ”Skip” McLaughlin certainly felt it. When he left his high-level corporate position to start not one but two new businesses, his colleagues’ reaction was disbelief:
People told me I was crazy. ”You are going to fail!”
One of his businesses did fail, but the other thrived. Ed bootstrapped it into an Inc. 500 company and later sold it to a Fortune 100 company. Now, you can learn from his experience–what to do and what not to do–to create your own successful startup. The Purpose Is Profit eliminates the mystery of becoming an entrepreneur. You will learn–
– Why distinctive competence trumps passion
– Where and when to get funding without losing control
– How to build an entrepreneurial brand that lasts
– Why profit should be factored into every business decision
– How ethical behavior breeds trust and unlocks profit
As a bonus, The Purpose Is Profit includes two manuals: The Startup Roadmap details the 21 steps you should take to build a profitable business. The Startup Funding Guide delivers the tools you need to fund your business.