A concise resource for all aspects of contract management in an e-business age, World Class Contracting is organized in a simple, easy-to-follow format, focusing on business partnerships, people, processes, tools and best practices. The book includes a valuable discussion of increasing contract complexity, the need for enterprise contract management processes, and a fair, balanced, and independent review of six of the leading contract management software/systems/tools/applications and how they can help you improve performance.
A special feature is the discussion of more than 100 best practices from leading global companies involved in contracting for a wide range of goods and services. The best practices are discussed in each phase of the contract management process.
Additional features include:
- More than 25 sample forms that can be used in everyday contract management situations
- United nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods
- The Uniform Commercial Code
- Glossary of contract management terminology
- Extensive bibliography of resource materials
Revisions from the previous edition include:
- Chapter 4 contains updated coverage of professional associations certification programs and credentials for NCMA, ISM, IACCM, and PMI;
- Chapter 6 includes new coverage of reverse auctions; and
- Chapter 8 includes an updated discussion of cost plus award fee contracts and time & materials contracts.
Two new chapters have been added:
- Chapter 16 Contractor Teaming Arrangements
- Chapter 17 Managing Subcontractors